Belt grinder product

I know fireball tool mostly deals with all-metal tools and doesn’t deal with power equipment but that go-kart belt grinder is awesome and I’m interested to hear if the possibility of producing a version of that grinder is something fireball has considered. There’s definitely a space in the market for a larger belt grinder and old porter cable giant ones are few and far between. Is that something we can foresee in the future, similar to the giant blacksmith vise?

2 Likes

Yes is in design development. Will have a fun DIY grinder build in the coming months

5 Likes

GREAT! I scored a NEW 7.5 HP 3 phase motor a while back, with this exact project in mind! Well, that, and the fact that I got it for 75 bucks :grin:. Can’t wait!

I think you should give a better description on the go cart belt grinder plans. It doesn't tell what size belt it will be so I thought it was going to be a smaller version of Jason's large belt grinder. His large belt grinder uses a 6x89 belt so I figured this would be a 6x48, only to find out after downloading the file that it is a 4x60 belt which is an uncommon size and a lot of abrasive manufactures don't make that size belt. Do you know if you will come out with plans for a 6x48 belt? I also think that if you did come out with plans for a 6x48 belt more people would buy and download it because the 6x48 belt is a more common and easier belt to source from vendors.

About the only response appropriate to this is find out how dangerous your math skills are. I’ve already made the bold move to ignore the 16” call out for gas strut for the 13.5s leftover from my fixture table build-out. It’s only art….

4x60 isn’t the most common option I’m finding but I’ve placed an order with 2 of my obscure belt sources. Supergrit and Red Label.

Combat and Empire didn’t meet my satisfaction in the past so I haven’t shopped there or benchmark for these belts.