Adapting monster square for fixture table use

Ya the ones I made are 2”
I think :thinking:

None of the tapped holes on any of the squares that I have checked are on a multiple of 2" spacing.

Man I thought he thought of everything

To be fair, I believe the squares were designed before the table system, so I think he had other priorities for the pins than fitting a 2" hole spacing.

No excuses!
Lolol

This is a great idea! I’ll have to get some of those pins.

Any thoughts on using the squares vertically and drilling holes in the square flanges for quick bolt attachment to the table?

I have a Siegmund 22mm table so I’ll have to see if the square flange thickness works with my quick bolts to allow the square to be mounted to my table without slop. My bolts are designed to hold a 20mm thickness fixture to the table.

I got my fireball squares before I got my future table so the squares are a little obsolete. That’s why I’m interested in adapting them to the table - to extend their usefulness. To Jason’s point, the squares may be too foreign to the fixture table world to be adapted. If I do figure out a way to drill holes in the square flanges and attach them to the table, they may be too bulky to allow the MIG torch access to make the weld.

I guess I don’t have a lot to lose if I weaken the square flanges unless I want to sell them for pennies on the dollar. Is there a used square market?

Jason, do you use the squares now that you have a fixture table? I know they would be useful for field work but do you use them in the shop anymore? Curious if anyone else uses them now that they have a fixture table.

Great discussion. Thanks for the responses. I’m a hobbyist and not a pro, so this discussion is helping me see all the options available to maximize my Fireball stuff.

*fixture table, not “future” table.

Squares are still useful for parts in the air above whatever you’re fixturing to the table. Allows you to do larger assemblies with everything tied together while you weld one side.

Some of my squares in use on the new welding cart. Still pretty darn useful.

1 Like

I like the clamp that goes through the mutant square hole and hits the 123 block. Very clever.

Thanks, it was a bit too tall for my F clamps to get to the bottom edge of the side skirt, and too much in the way in the corner for a 12" fixture table bar clamp (still need to order some material for my mini maximus clamps). I checked squareness on the frame this afternoon and every side is square +/-1/16" corner to corner, and every 90° corner is out by less than a degree, most within .5°

Not bad for the first project I’ve put together on a fixture table, and I’m nothing special as a dude who welds. Being able to square things up, and keep them squared up at every stage helped a TON. There’s just something about precision fabrication that gets me excited in my special places.

My mind, I’m talking about my mind…

1 Like

Good to see the use of all Fireball resources! Would love to see more of how Fireball squares are being used with fixture tables.

1 Like

Be a whole lot cooler if they were though.

Would you at least consider bolt pattern adapter plates to be able to use them on my fixture table?
I use these on the table a lot and it would make them more useful.