Dragon Wagon Dragon scale with Fireball scraper

Howdy.
Quick question. I recently tried using the Fire ball scraper on the Dragon wagon, and it seems to easily scratch the black coating off. Is this type of wear normal?

The scraper blade is very hard. The negative edge geometry is very forgiving on the table tops. It can cut though if the blade isn’t maintained. I keep my blades free of burrs like the one in this image. The pin point pressure does all the damage.
If you can feel the burrs with your fingernail then I’d dress it on the grinder. The edge doesn’t need to be sharp to work well. A slight radius or chamfer helps too.

Sorry to be clear this was mostly a question about the durability of the dragon wagon coating.

Is the black coating superficial?
The The table top itself Is fine, but the black coating does seem to scratch or rub off quite easily from use. I assume this is normal?

Did you get a black oxide table? Blemished Dragon Wagon Tabletop 36" x 24" (3" Side Wall) (Black Oxided The dragon scale is pretty tuff

It should be dragon scale……

It’s hard to visually identify dragon scale or black oxide. Do you have an order number so I can look up what table you have. Is your table sides 3 or 4 in thick? Another way to test is Naval jelly. Rub it on in a none visible area. It will take the black oxide off but won’t touch the Dragon scale.

Order FB70693

It has a 4" thick side.

I will try the jelly and let you know. I did use a stone on it from the maintenance kit and that seems to easily take black coating off.

@Fireball_Jason here is a picture after testing with naval jelly.

I’ll have someone call you Monday.

1 Like