I've finally unveiled my new Dragon Wagon Fixture Table

Hey everyone,

I’m excited to introduce you to what I believe is the perfect balance of size, cost, and quality for fixture tables – the Dragon Wagon. This project began with your feedback, aiming to create a fixture table that not only meets but exceeds your expectations. I’ve named it the Dragon Wagon because it’s designed to be as tough and bad ass as its name suggests.

First off, everyone was saying they wanted a more affordable fixture table, so I’ve made the Dragon Wagon highly customizable. You can outfit it with various features to suit your budget without compromising on quality. I offer two sizes currently – the 24"x36" and the 30"x54". The smaller size is perfect for maneuvering through doorways, while both sizes boast a robust design with a half-inch thick cast iron surface, ensuring extreme rigidity and flatness.

To address any concerns about durability, I’ve incorporated my proprietary Dragon Scale coating into every table (it’s different than just standard black oxide). This ensures the surface is virtually impervious to rust, weld spatter, acids, and chemicals. It’s as tough as it gets, designed to last through the toughest workshop conditions.

One of the standout features of the Dragon Wagon is its expandability. If your workspace evolves or you simply need more surface area, you can seamlessly extend your existing table by bolting two Dragon Wagons together, or by bolting it to one of the larger Fireball tables. This modular approach means your investment grows with your needs, making it a future-proof choice.

The usability of the Dragon Wagon is where it really shines. With a grid pattern of 3/4" holes across the surface, you have endless options for mounting fixtures, tools, and accessories exactly where you need them. The underside features a square bolt pattern for attaching legs or creating custom additions, ensuring flexibility in how you configure your workstation.

Speaking of legs, I’ve engineered telescopic adjustable legs that are not only strong but also eliminate wobble entirely, even at full extension. This means whether you prefer sitting or standing while you work, the Dragon Wagon accommodates your needs comfortably.

For mobility, I’ve included heavy-duty casters that allow easy movement around your workshop. If you prefer stability, optional leveling pads are available.

I made a direct effort to create a line of useful accessories for the Dragon Wagon, and am still continuing to invent more. To me this is very important because now you can work within your budget and not be limited to just everything or nothing. And they integrate directly into the table, like the shelving attachments to a slim drip tray that keeps debris from falling through the holes.

Lastly, I’ve developed a range of fixtures and accessories that work with all of our tables, including the Dragon Wagon. My adjustable tooth blocks and swappable tooth washers allow precise positioning of fixtures, making it a breeze to set up and modify your workspace.

I’m passionate about helping you maximize the potential of your Dragon Wagon. That’s why I’ve created tutorial videos and resources to guide you through its features and help you achieve peak performance in your projects.

I invite you to explore all the Dragon Wagon’s capabilities, accessories, and pricing. And don’t forget to share your customized setups, ideas, and experiences here on the forum. Let’s build something great together!

Looking forward to hearing from you all and seeing your Dragon Wagons in action.

-Jason

2 Likes

Are the debris catch trays available now?

Yes, Dragon Wagon Workstation

Just checked it out, and really like the look of the setup. Unfortunately with my L shape setup only the debris trays will really work with my setup and clear space around the table. I looked around a little to see what else you’ve added and I really REALLY like the dual functionality of the gas bottle/vise mount for the tables. That’s a great way to make it a dual use item.

When used to table height mount the vise, is it safe to assume the top of the plate isn’t necessarily going to be perfectly flush with the top of the table due to the holes being laser cut and/or machined before welding, and the tolerances in sheet thickness and fabrication?

1 Like