Just got my Dragon Wagon and Workstation, some questions though

I recently received everything after some exciting shipping misshaps and a few missing parts, but finally ready to assemble everything and had a few questions as I can’t really find any great pictures or instructions.

1. For the workstation slag tray, do the rails for it and the shelves go between the table top and the legs, or underneath the legs? It’s hard to tell from the diagrams with the wireframe table components (it took some wild zooming in to see that there weren’t spacers but just indicators of the through holes that they mount to, but everything I see suggests it bolts to the underside of the legs. The problem is the rails don’t clear the welds and it doesn’t attach cleanly. I can get a bunch of washers but not sure if this is intended this way or if I’m doing it wrong since there’s a complete lack of assembly videos, diagrams or instructions that I can find.

2. Is it normal for the underside of the dragon wagon to have a lot of surface rust? And I mean a lot, it’s light and probably covers ~30% of the underside. A lot of it easily rubs off, and some fine sanding can get rid of the rest, but that seems a bit unsettling for such a relatively high-end product.

Overall everything looks great. Assembling things takes a bit of intuitive thinking but there’s just a couple details I am second guessing and want to be sure of.

Thanks!

There are black spacers that lower the rail to clear the welds.

I would think it should have been covered in something before they shipped it.

The underside of my tables were pretty dry when they arrived and had surface rust that was easily wiped off with a rag and WD40.

There did seem to be a coating but it was only on the top and sides, nothing on the underside. Though the underside isn’t awful, just definitely needs to be scrubbed a bit. Just surprised to see that already on it.

As for the spacers, looks like they were missing from my setup. I did mention it in my latest email to customer support since my deliver was also missing a significant number of fixtures from the kit I bought alongside the table.

I don’t see why its so hard to make sure everything is there when shipped. And if its not there because they are out of stock , I would think the customer would be notified immediately, so there is no confusion as to why they did not get a complete order.

Nothing worse then getting something that needs to be assembled, and then you cant because your missing some simple hardware.

1 Like

I’m not in an impending rush and I have no problem with being patient with their customer service who has been fantastic thus far. Where I think would have been hugely helpful though doubles back to an opportunity for improvement on the website which is to include breakdowns of every included component with a purcahse, and maybe some rudimentary instructions to help identify missing pieces.

The Table Kit was an easy one thankfully as that is well broken down (mostly, sub components like a bag full of 50 pins and screws will still take me a min to identify if it’s adequate), but things like the workstation kit having no clear instructions or parts breakdown lead me to have to ask semingly ignorant questions like “how am I supposed to attach this”.

Also without being able to take a proper inventory of everything, I have to keep reaching out to support every few days as I only get so far in assembly and organization before I realize I’m missing another piece needed to continue.

I don’t doubt the people behind the scenes are doing great work, and I feel bad having to come back to support over and over because I have no way to clearly identify if I’ll hit another wall as I go through the build. I have no idea what’s happening in terms of QC and the workplace. For all I know they could be overwhelmed, or goign through some kind of transition in process or whatnot. Anything could happen and I am not going to start raging over what are really just inconveniences. I just wish there was an easier or better way to inventory my order and put it all together without being a burden on other people trying to do their jobs.

1 Like

I think it may be a matter of being an early adopter and thus being the one to find the holes in their processes.