Video Discussion: "Wazer Pro Review"

Many years ago, Jason reviewed the Wazer Desktop Waterjet. Now, he got his hands on the new Wazer Pro and shared his thoughts in this video.

What do you think of the new Wazer Pro? Are there any questions you have for Jason or the team at Wazer you’d like to ask? Leave your thoughts and questions here!

Also, we teased the Sci-Fi Office Build in this video, check out the newest episode we just dropped!

How much kerf angle does it have? Or. Is that adjustable via the cutting speed?

@HuckIronwork Draft is going to change depending on the speed, material and thickness of the material. This machine doesn’t have kerf straightness compensation. The Wazer pro has updated software to slow the corner speed for less draft in the part.

1 Like

From the launch of Wazer I was interested in one, but from a time and cost perspective the only materials I feel would make sense to use it on would be glass and ceramic.

Considering machine time, electrical cost and expendable costs;

Anything that burns I can cut very fast and with almost no expendable cost on my CO2 laser, and still use my CAM of choice.

Metals, polycarbonate, HDPE, PVC and other non laserable items can be cut / machined on my CNC mill much faster than wazer and with lower overall electric and expendable cost, and use my CAM of choice, not to mention all the other operations a mill can perform.

For thin glass, ceramic, or Kevlar less than .125” wazer I feel would be best, the limited work bed wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me on these items as I’m usually working in small scale with these materials. These items I struggle with and feel wazer would be overall faster than wet saw or diamond band saw, and assuming less stock waste would offset high operating costs.

If you only have room or budget for one CNC machine, would wazer be the best?

I don’t think I would answer yes to that question, for a hobbyist maybe.

I agree this and almost all of the other youtube videos on the Wazer pro are more of ads than reviews, that aside anyone have comments or arguments to my thoughts for actually using Wazer?

Would you use one in your day to day fabrication, if so how?

Was this video sponsored by Wazer?

1 Like

it felt like it, im trying to figure out if i should get a pro instead of a desktop, since ive been using a desktop at a makerspace and having to deal with them breaking it and leaving it full of waste id like my own.

i noticed a few things that made me think this video had a lot of wazer sponsored talking points. like wazcam being “easy to use” its one of the worst gcode generators ive ever seen, and is really buggy and featureless.

he also said that the “water sensor” was for detecting if the water level was too low… its a flood alarm. you place it under the machine to set off a really loud alarm in the case of a leak in the machine. they came with the desktop version, i was confused he didnt know what it was.

id also like to know if the submerged cutting option reduces the “burn” or scratching seen around pierce points, as well as if it makes the area around the machine cleaner. the desktop seems to generate a layer of grit around the machine and surrounding surfaces.

Thanks for making a video on the Wazer Pro, I was not aware a pro version had been released.

I currently have small batch titanium pieces laser cut, something like this machine would allow me to bring production in house. The only issue is justifying the price at the volume I make.