What is the intended use for these?

I bought a kit a while back and in it was this:

I didn’t see this one on the store. It obviously attaches to something with that screw that came with it but not sure what it is intended for. Anyone know? It looks like the shoulder either fits in this way to make the head flush when attaching it to something:

Or it fits in the other way so that whatever it attaches to aligns to the countersunk hole:

Also, there is this L-tab for the squares I bought:

I get what this is for but the hole arrangement seemed like it didn’t really align to anything, except maybe just picking one of the holes that works best. Or does some combination of the holes align to something I’m missing?

Thanks!

This is the swivel base for the table pliers. It allows the plier the freedom to move in a 2’’ arc when pinpoint pad placement is necessary. This is a very handy option if you have a small table and it’s hard to find the right hole in the table to place the clamp.

The L tab is designed to touch two parts and avoid the weld joint. See this video for a demo.

1 Like

Of course there is a video. :slight_smile: I was going through the squares on the site looking at the videos, just didn’t see this one. You may want to add that video on the mutant square ordering page. Thanks Jason, that explained it all.