Took The Plunge

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share now that I’ve finally gotten my fixture table up on its legs. I went round and round on this, I had a table that I built and it used the Buildpro stuff. I was ready to order a Buildpro table, but @BCDC had a comment on instagram about the side plate accuracy and that was the tipping point to invest in a Fireball table even though it meant re-buying a lot of the tooling I had already.

The Team over at Fireball have been great, I’m a one man operation that does this part time so this was a huge risk, but lemme tell you, I don’t regret it at all.

There was one video that @Fireball_Jason said that you can’t build the legs for what you can buy them for, and I’m here to tell you that is true. I had to use every cheaty trick and count my time for nothing, and I was “Technically” do it, so I’d figure I’d share the cost per leg. I tried to make an equivalent product, so they are plated and powdercoated, what I would consider a salable item.

Fireball Leg - 220, plus 46 for shipping 266 Target.

Jake’s Leg - 196.26

Cost Breakdown

Laser Cut Top Plate - 29.17

Laser Cut Caster Plate - 11.25 (Cheated, made 20)

Laser Cut Nut Plate - 16.67

4" Sq Tube .25 Wall - 24.36 (Cheated - Drop Pricing)

Casters - 59.23 (including Shipping)

Zinc - 3.5 per (Cheated, 20 assemblies)

Powder - 28

Adjuster Bolt - 8.06

Nut for Adjuster Plate - 5.43

Lock Nut - 3.47

Caster Nuts - 0.56 (for 4)

Carriage Bolts - 2.4 (for 4)

M12 Table Bolts - 3.52 (for 4)

M12 Washer - 0.64 (for 4)

All the hardware options were from McMaster, shipping is not reflected.

Moral of the story, buy the legs. I had fun making them, first project on the new table. Plus, all my current work surfaces have this same style foot and I’m a little vain.

Looks great. That’s for the cost breakdown on the legs. Lots of customers think we’re trying to overcharge on our legs.