YouTube videos

I love your videos but I’m very disappointed that you turn off comments. I don’t want to have to leave YouTube to make or read comments.

4 Likes

I wonder if the comment were turned off after his last video “Why Do Good Welders Get This Wrong?” Over all I enjoyed the video but thought it was a disservice to the fabrication shops to not first verify they understood what GD&T is.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree Jason.
The rest is directed to Fireball Tools:
I may only be an only an occasional viewer but turning off comments on YouTube is a REALLY BAD idea. I would suggest that over half the traffic will simply never return, or even if they do they will never interact with your site (except to add a comment like this). I am one of those. You may feel, ‘good riddance’ but this is the only time I’ll ever come to your site or watch your channel until you make it feel like a community again. Trouble makers are few and far between. Mistakes on your part are unavoidable. Half of YouTube, for better or worse, is the comment section.
Martin. Grow a pair and reinstate the comments.

2 Likes

I agree that YouTube comments should be on for the videos. Yes, there are a lot of trolls and haters, but a lot of good discussion happens in the comments of videos too. I get that by driving the traffic here for the discussion that it’s archived better, but I’m not sure if it’s totally worth the tradeoff.

2 Likes

How about this, If you have something to say on YouTube you make a video about the topic you want to talk about. YouTube is for videos. It’s why Google named it “YOU TUBE” show us who you are. As for the comment section on YouTube, it’s trash and people can’t stay on topic. Videos are more helpful then comments.

1 Like

I’m only making an account on here because I was forced to. Youtube has evolved from simply a video service into a full on community. Disabling comments is just not the way to go. I used to be subscribed to your channel, but I am going to unsubscribe because this is a really unfriendly move. Just because you don’t like some of the comments doesn’t mean you should take a “well then go away” attitude. All that you are doing is alienating new viewers. For most people, it isn’t worth the extra effort to go and make a new account merely to comment on your videos. Other Youtubers don’t do this. In fact, they engage in the community, instead of seeming like they are insecure and closed to any critisism at all.

1 Like

I think he did that because in YouTube
to many people make comments off topic.
And Jason wants to be able to talk to people
About his tools and what they like about them but when you have thousands of comments,
People that have questions will never get answers.
If you post here it’s Daily answers from him and the amazing team at fireball.
And that’s just my opinion.
And I think is was a smart move.

People can share images and links here, not possible with youtube comments. There will be less comments overall, there are definitely trade offs, but it’s what we’re going with for now.

That seems like a bad trade off, comments good or bad drive engagement.